So after a Arctic air cold-spell and a hefty snow storm last week the nice high altitude trails we have been riding are let buried in snow and ice. It was time to migrate down to Pueblo for some dry trail and rocky shale technical goodness. Its been close to a year since I have been down to the South Shore Trail system so I was really excited to ride some of my favorite routes.
I ended up eating it going down the wooden ramp on Freeride trail. What are the chances that the first time I hit it the wood is covered in a nice slick coat of slushy ice? I knew as soon as I went over the rock I was in trouble and had no idea how I was going to slow down. The video below shows the means I ended up using to stop my self.
After dusting myself off I carried on and still got a great day of riding in.
The day started with some of this.
And rode past a few of these.
After taking in the views its time to descend some crazy trail!
I rocked Hooters Canyon!
FAIL ON FREERIDE TRAIL!
Here you can see the lovely coating of ice that caused me to go down!
A quick mending and Im back on trail.....
I cant believe how I have it made.
Ran into a few others on the trail
I zipped along the singletrack despite my earlier flail.
Looking behind Im leaving some great trail.
Video of Waterfall/Logdrop
1min time lapse video of Outer Limits Trail
Links to Adventures
- December Backpacking! Emerald Valley 12.2.12
- November Biking at its Finest
- Epic Pipeline Trail Night Ride 11.28.12
- Big Buffalo Creek Ride 10.28.12
- Backpacking the Great Sand Dunes 10.21.12
- St Marys/ Jones Park 10.13.12
- Ring the Peak 9.9.12
- Dam it feels good to be Bikepacking! 8.25.12
- Phantom Terrace: The adventures of the Comanche/Venable loop 8.19.12
- Best of Europe 7.21 - 8.3 2012
- Macey Lakes Sange De Christo Wilderness 6.30- 7.1 2012
- Nature Video 7.1 2012
- Horn Lakes Sange De Christo Wilderness 6.22 - 6.24 2012
- Celebrate the Summer Solcitice Ride 6.20.12
- Cascade Drop 6.16.2012
- Jones Park 5.27.2012
- 12 Hours of Mesa Verde 5.12.2012
- Jones Park 5.7.2012
- All Mountain Extravanganza! 4.21.2012
- Buffalo Creek 4.11.12
- March Madness 2012
- Snowshoeing the Crags 2.4.12
- New York New York 1.16.12
- 24 Hours of Palmer Park 10.4.11
- Centenial Cone 11.20.2011
- Backpacking Pikes Peak 9.5.2011
- Winter Park Downhill 8.18.2011
- Buffalo Creek/Colorado Trail 4.3.2011
- New Bike! 4.1.2011
- Riding Pueblo South Shore Trails 1.8.2011
- Red Rocks Canyon 12.30.2010
- December Riding 12.26.2010
- Rage in the Sage 24 hour Mountain Bike Race 8.21.10
- Lower Sand Creek Lake and Bishops Castle 8.9.2010
- Colorado Trail 8.1.2010
- Kokopelli 9.29.2009
- Kokopelli 5.1.2009
- Cheyenne Mountain State Park 3.1.2009
- Backpacking Pikes Peak 11.3.2008
- Lower Sand Creek Lake 9.22.2008
- Backpacking Pikes Peak Solo 9.6.2008
- Yellowstone/Beartooth 7.30.2008
- Ring the Peak 7.14.2008
- 2nd amendment5.16.2008
- Kokopelli Experience 4.25.2008
- Monarch Crest to Cotopaxi 9.03.2007
- Beartooth Mountains 7.28.2007
- Splish Splash at Rampart 5.26.2007
- Colorado Trail 9.2.2006
- Ramdom Old School Moab Pics Pre 2005
- Best of Videos