I love to ride, live to ride, and ride to live, Only once in a lifetime will I ever get a chance to build a bike like this.
It all started at a Christmas party of 09' and my buddy Mike had just got his custom built dirt jumper frame and brought it to the party freshly painted green, ole #3 we call it. It was a fun party lots of great beers and full of cyclist friends. Ben the builder was there and as I complimented him on the nice work on Mikes frame. I asked him to hold me a slot in the build que for a 29er steel frame of my own. Well fast forward Winter of 11' and the frame is in process of being built!!!!!!
After a careful selection of parts a bike was born that not only was very fun to plan and see the build process, it turned out to be an amazing bike to ride. Fast nimble, responsive, smooth uber fun. All the quality's you would love in a Mountain Bike. Well here is the story of my custom steel 29er hard tail being born, and a chance to share the experience with you.
Ben and I meet at Trinity Brewing to go over final plans of the bike over a tasty nitro charged Flow IPA . We had a great discussion of how I wanted the bike to ride and it seem Ben had given some deep thought into the geometry.
Ben zapping (should say brazing) some metal on the main triangle
Bottom Bracket before brazing
The rear axle mounts are really cool nice choice Ben!
Front triangle all brazed up...now comes the cleaning
"cleaned" frame being fitted for rear wheel
Parts start to arrive! A lot of thought, research, and care went in to each and every amazing MTB component selected for this bike.
Industry Nine Enduro 29er Wheelset... BALLER!!!!
Fox F29 Talas
Truvativ Noir 1:1 Carbon Cranks
So the frame comes back from Spectrum Powder Works painted "matte black" and looks great really slick and stealthy!
More parts arrive
My favorite saddle of all time
10 Speed XO shifters and Derailleur
couple of last little things.....
a late night build thanks with the precise hands of Chris the months of waiting are over and the bike is finally built!
Wow everything came together really nice and the bike fits perfect. There is something to be said about a bike that started as a dream and becomes reality made just for you. I look forward to all the adventure me and this bike will share.
Time to go RIDE. Now I just need figure out a name for it?????
Frame: Custom Samadhi Cycles 29er Steel
Fork: Fox F29 Talas 95mm - 120mm
Wheelset: Industry Nine Enduro Wheelset Pewter
Tires: Specialized Captian 2.0 Rear Purgatory 2.2 Front
Crankset: Truvativ Noir 1:1 32t ring
Cassette: Shimano XT 11-36
Stem: Thomson 80mm
Seatpost: 27.2 Gravity Dropper
Seat: SDG Bel Air Ti Rails
Handlebars: Sunline V1 762s
Headset: Crank Bros Cobalt C
Brakes: Shimano XT
Rotors: Shimano XT 160mm Rear 180mm Front
Pedals: Shimano XTR
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ GXP
Seatpost clamp: 33mm Flip lock
Rear Derailleur: Sram XO 10 Speed Short Cage
Tubes: 2 Scoops-Stans Notubes Sealant
Chain: KMC X9SL
Grips: Odi Ruffian
Shifter: Sram XO trigger
Links to Adventures
- December Backpacking! Emerald Valley 12.2.12
- November Biking at its Finest
- Epic Pipeline Trail Night Ride 11.28.12
- Big Buffalo Creek Ride 10.28.12
- Backpacking the Great Sand Dunes 10.21.12
- St Marys/ Jones Park 10.13.12
- Ring the Peak 9.9.12
- Dam it feels good to be Bikepacking! 8.25.12
- Phantom Terrace: The adventures of the Comanche/Venable loop 8.19.12
- Best of Europe 7.21 - 8.3 2012
- Macey Lakes Sange De Christo Wilderness 6.30- 7.1 2012
- Nature Video 7.1 2012
- Horn Lakes Sange De Christo Wilderness 6.22 - 6.24 2012
- Celebrate the Summer Solcitice Ride 6.20.12
- Cascade Drop 6.16.2012
- Jones Park 5.27.2012
- 12 Hours of Mesa Verde 5.12.2012
- Jones Park 5.7.2012
- All Mountain Extravanganza! 4.21.2012
- Buffalo Creek 4.11.12
- March Madness 2012
- Snowshoeing the Crags 2.4.12
- New York New York 1.16.12
- 24 Hours of Palmer Park 10.4.11
- Centenial Cone 11.20.2011
- Backpacking Pikes Peak 9.5.2011
- Winter Park Downhill 8.18.2011
- Buffalo Creek/Colorado Trail 4.3.2011
- New Bike! 4.1.2011
- Riding Pueblo South Shore Trails 1.8.2011
- Red Rocks Canyon 12.30.2010
- December Riding 12.26.2010
- Rage in the Sage 24 hour Mountain Bike Race 8.21.10
- Lower Sand Creek Lake and Bishops Castle 8.9.2010
- Colorado Trail 8.1.2010
- Kokopelli 9.29.2009
- Kokopelli 5.1.2009
- Cheyenne Mountain State Park 3.1.2009
- Backpacking Pikes Peak 11.3.2008
- Lower Sand Creek Lake 9.22.2008
- Backpacking Pikes Peak Solo 9.6.2008
- Yellowstone/Beartooth 7.30.2008
- Ring the Peak 7.14.2008
- 2nd amendment5.16.2008
- Kokopelli Experience 4.25.2008
- Monarch Crest to Cotopaxi 9.03.2007
- Beartooth Mountains 7.28.2007
- Splish Splash at Rampart 5.26.2007
- Colorado Trail 9.2.2006
- Ramdom Old School Moab Pics Pre 2005
- Best of Videos