After a late night of finishing the build I got to ride my new 29er that has been in the build process for what sems like forever.
A couple days on the CT should be a great way to break it in.I cant believe its the first weekend of April and we are doing overnight ride on the Colorado Trail.
Finished the build at about Midnight on Friday
New Bike is done and I cant wait to ride it!
The next morning I drove out to the Platte Valley Trail head of the CT. Decided not to include Indian Creek since we were getting mixed info on conditions and if it was even open. Ran into ShortBus on the way out, that was cool.
Grab the pack and its time to go.
The climb out of the burn area is tough. Basically 4 miles of uphill.
We get to the "Top of the World"
and its time for a little break.
And throw down on a delicious tuna wrap in a jalapeno cheddar tortilla.
So we hauled ass through the BC area and did not take many pictures. New bike was super fun to ride on the smooth Buff Creek section of the CT. To many good things to say about how the first ride went on the new 29er.
A quick set up of camp.
And we head out for some more riding
Back to camp for some well deserved R & R
It was a windy night of sleep and woke up to a very cool morning.
We decided to throw in Green Mountain for the ride back.
The temp drops about 10 degrees and you can feel a storm front moving in.
It starts to snow on us pretty good for the final hour or so of the ride.
It was a great trail to try out the new ride and the weather was crazy, Summer on Saturday and Winter on Sunday.
Gotta love Colorado and love my new bike!
Links to Adventures
- December Backpacking! Emerald Valley 12.2.12
- November Biking at its Finest
- Epic Pipeline Trail Night Ride 11.28.12
- Big Buffalo Creek Ride 10.28.12
- Backpacking the Great Sand Dunes 10.21.12
- St Marys/ Jones Park 10.13.12
- Ring the Peak 9.9.12
- Dam it feels good to be Bikepacking! 8.25.12
- Phantom Terrace: The adventures of the Comanche/Venable loop 8.19.12
- Best of Europe 7.21 - 8.3 2012
- Macey Lakes Sange De Christo Wilderness 6.30- 7.1 2012
- Nature Video 7.1 2012
- Horn Lakes Sange De Christo Wilderness 6.22 - 6.24 2012
- Celebrate the Summer Solcitice Ride 6.20.12
- Cascade Drop 6.16.2012
- Jones Park 5.27.2012
- 12 Hours of Mesa Verde 5.12.2012
- Jones Park 5.7.2012
- All Mountain Extravanganza! 4.21.2012
- Buffalo Creek 4.11.12
- March Madness 2012
- Snowshoeing the Crags 2.4.12
- New York New York 1.16.12
- 24 Hours of Palmer Park 10.4.11
- Centenial Cone 11.20.2011
- Backpacking Pikes Peak 9.5.2011
- Winter Park Downhill 8.18.2011
- Buffalo Creek/Colorado Trail 4.3.2011
- New Bike! 4.1.2011
- Riding Pueblo South Shore Trails 1.8.2011
- Red Rocks Canyon 12.30.2010
- December Riding 12.26.2010
- Rage in the Sage 24 hour Mountain Bike Race 8.21.10
- Lower Sand Creek Lake and Bishops Castle 8.9.2010
- Colorado Trail 8.1.2010
- Kokopelli 9.29.2009
- Kokopelli 5.1.2009
- Cheyenne Mountain State Park 3.1.2009
- Backpacking Pikes Peak 11.3.2008
- Lower Sand Creek Lake 9.22.2008
- Backpacking Pikes Peak Solo 9.6.2008
- Yellowstone/Beartooth 7.30.2008
- Ring the Peak 7.14.2008
- 2nd amendment5.16.2008
- Kokopelli Experience 4.25.2008
- Monarch Crest to Cotopaxi 9.03.2007
- Beartooth Mountains 7.28.2007
- Splish Splash at Rampart 5.26.2007
- Colorado Trail 9.2.2006
- Ramdom Old School Moab Pics Pre 2005
- Best of Videos