Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Cascade Drop 6.16.12
Usually I am not an advocate of a shuttle ride and prefer to "earn" my down hill,... whatever.
Kristian, Keith, and I loaded up k-mans hybrid Civic and effortlessly ascended to the Cascade Drop TH. The start to the trail is immediately in your face steep, loose and fast, and that over the years have learned to hang on and ride it out. Since no effort was spent climbing. It was really nice to have all my strength for the awesome downhill ahead.
This dude was superfast. Even with use using a shuttle he climbed his way up and passed us on the Waldo section of this route.
Rampart Range Road always has the best views
WTF is this!!!!!!!
And we make it to the top.
Kristian smiling under his full face
Rock on brutha Keith
Time for a break, mmmm cookies thanks Kristian guess who forgot to pack food???
Jaydude approves of this trail!
Angry clouds, lets get to riding.
Kristian on his Knolly
Keith on his Transition
I heart Williams Canyon! Back in the day I used to hike many of the cave systems in this rare Colorado limestone canyon.
witchway??? We did get rained on for just a bit.
Williams is sooo much FUN!
Keith dropped a chain so I had some time to be artsy......
Sweet little video to finish the post. Better when you click full screen.
So do I regret taking a shuttle? Nah not really.
Links to Adventures
- December Backpacking! Emerald Valley 12.2.12
- November Biking at its Finest
- Epic Pipeline Trail Night Ride 11.28.12
- Big Buffalo Creek Ride 10.28.12
- Backpacking the Great Sand Dunes 10.21.12
- St Marys/ Jones Park 10.13.12
- Ring the Peak 9.9.12
- Dam it feels good to be Bikepacking! 8.25.12
- Phantom Terrace: The adventures of the Comanche/Venable loop 8.19.12
- Best of Europe 7.21 - 8.3 2012
- Macey Lakes Sange De Christo Wilderness 6.30- 7.1 2012
- Nature Video 7.1 2012
- Horn Lakes Sange De Christo Wilderness 6.22 - 6.24 2012
- Celebrate the Summer Solcitice Ride 6.20.12
- Cascade Drop 6.16.2012
- Jones Park 5.27.2012
- 12 Hours of Mesa Verde 5.12.2012
- Jones Park 5.7.2012
- All Mountain Extravanganza! 4.21.2012
- Buffalo Creek 4.11.12
- March Madness 2012
- Snowshoeing the Crags 2.4.12
- New York New York 1.16.12
- 24 Hours of Palmer Park 10.4.11
- Centenial Cone 11.20.2011
- Backpacking Pikes Peak 9.5.2011
- Winter Park Downhill 8.18.2011
- Buffalo Creek/Colorado Trail 4.3.2011
- New Bike! 4.1.2011
- Riding Pueblo South Shore Trails 1.8.2011
- Red Rocks Canyon 12.30.2010
- December Riding 12.26.2010
- Rage in the Sage 24 hour Mountain Bike Race 8.21.10
- Lower Sand Creek Lake and Bishops Castle 8.9.2010
- Colorado Trail 8.1.2010
- Kokopelli 9.29.2009
- Kokopelli 5.1.2009
- Cheyenne Mountain State Park 3.1.2009
- Backpacking Pikes Peak 11.3.2008
- Lower Sand Creek Lake 9.22.2008
- Backpacking Pikes Peak Solo 9.6.2008
- Yellowstone/Beartooth 7.30.2008
- Ring the Peak 7.14.2008
- 2nd amendment5.16.2008
- Kokopelli Experience 4.25.2008
- Monarch Crest to Cotopaxi 9.03.2007
- Beartooth Mountains 7.28.2007
- Splish Splash at Rampart 5.26.2007
- Colorado Trail 9.2.2006
- Ramdom Old School Moab Pics Pre 2005
- Best of Videos