Sunday, February 24, 2013

Snowshoeing on the Front Range 2.24.13

Yes I like snowshoeing very much. It makes for some great winter adventure with little effort and money. It has basically replaced any itch to go up to the resorts and snowboard. Its nice to be able to wait for a nice dump of snow locally and hit some of my favorite trials covered in glistening white gold!

Problem is this year its barely snowed and lucly some snow fall caught up end of Febuary and was able to get out. Enjoy!



IMG_4026

Climbing up Gold Camp


IMG_4035
I used my micro spikes on the way up. Snow was already packed down.




IMG_4029


IMG_4036



IMG_4031'
St Marys was very pretty coverd in snow.



'

 IMG_4045

 IMG_4038


Stove Mountain




IMG_4044

IMG_4043
Frozen St Marys Falls





IMG_4047

I made some coffee and had some peanuts.. It was chillin...




IMG_4052







IMG_4068

So that wraps up my St Marys Trip. I had came up with a really cool loop that I hope to do again soon.







IMG_4069


IMG_4072

It Snowed pretty good up in Monument the next day so Keith and I made our way up to track in some fresh snow!






IMG_4071
It was snowing hard. very fun!









Managed to test out Keiths new  9mm







1 comment:

Mike V. said...

Nice dude I definitely don't miss the drive to the resorts that's for sure. I need to get out on an adventure myself. I give this post 👍👍👍!